1. "Happiness is anyone and anything at all, that's loved by you."
Charlie Brown, "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown"
2. "How could she / have faulted him except to say that he / loved her indeed?"
3. "Now join your hands, and with your hands your hearts."
Shakespeare, King Henry VI
4. "If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you / When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me."
Led Zeppelin, "Thank You"
5. "We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love."
Robert Fulghum, True Love
6. "You and I, it’s as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together, to see if we know what we were taught."
Boris Pasternak, Doctor Zhivago
7. "Heavenly wine and roses seem to whisper to me as we smile."
Lou Reed, "Sweet Jane"
8. "He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking."
Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
9. "I am longing to be with you, and by the sea, where we can talk together freely and build our castles in the air."
Bram Stoker's Dracula
10. "“I was about half in love with her by the time we sat down. That’s the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty... you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are.”
J. D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye